At PDG Pediatric Dental Group, we provide pediatric dental services for infants, children, and adolescents as well as orthodontic services for children, teenagers, and adults. We help guide children into developing healthy oral hygiene habits, positive attitudes towards dentistry, and supporting this throughout their youth through our comprehensive specialized dental care.
We are currently seeking a Hygienist to join our growing team. As a Hygienist you will be expected to assist the doctors in preparing cases to be treated under general anesthesia at different facilities, as well as helping families understand the process and treatments.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
· Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
· Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
· Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
· Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient’s oral health.
· Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
· Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
· Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavities-preventing agents.
· Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances; placing, carving, and finishing amalgam restorations; removing cement from crowns and bridges.
· Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
· Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of the time of next dental hygiene visit.
· Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
· Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
· Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Anesthetic certified.
· Current CPR training.
· Two years of practice and experience is preferred though not required
· Knowledge of dental terminology and instruments.
· Ability to support corporate strategy and vision.
Qualified applicants can submit a resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
By submitting your resume and personal information to PDG Dental Inc., and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by PDG Dental Inc. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the Company.