Why Choose A Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric Dentistry is a specialized field of dentistry that requires an additional 2-3 yeas on specialized training and focuses on the oral health of children, adolescents, and those with special healthcare needs. This includes training to allow them to manage children’s fears and apprehensions in a positive manner as well as treatment under mild conscious sedation and general anesthesia for certain circumstances.
We belive in total preventative care to keep your child’s smile beautiful and healthy. This begins with regular hygiene visits and good oral health habits at home and visiting a pediatric dentist by your child’s 1st birthday. We will work with you to ensure you have all the tools and knowledge to support your child’s oral hygiene at home.
Ages For Stages Of At-Home Dental Hygiene
- Babies need oral health too! Clean your infant’s gums after each feeding with a water-soaked infant cloth. This stimulates the gum tissue and removes food.
- Brush your child‘s teeth as soon as they come in. Use a toothbrush and a small amount of fluoridated toothpaste twice a day.
- When your child turns 3, teach them about proper brushing techniques with a small, super soft-bristled toothbrush and a small amount of fluoridated toothpaste. This is a topic our doctors will go over with you at appointments.
- When your child turns 7 or 8, teach them how to gently brush and floss their own teeth but still continue to supervise them in the evening until they are 9 to 10 years of age.
- Regular visits to your PDG pediatric dentist to check for cavities, address any issues with tooth development, and ensure at-home dental hygiene is being done correctly.
Is your child due or their check-up? Book an appointment today!