PDG response to COVID-19 and other news
May 26, 2020
PDG is excited to welcome you back to our offices!
Dear friends and family of PDG:
We are excited to welcome you back to our offices! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and PDG Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics is excited to re-open. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: PDG commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the COVID-19 infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by CDSBC, WorkSafeBC and CDCBC. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic. You can see a copy of those protocols by clicking here. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes as we have new ways of scheduling appointments, handling patients, safety protocols, managing your insurance and financial transactions. We have made those changes to help protect our patients, staff and our community. Some of those are:
• Our offices will communicate with you beforehand to ask for some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Patients now will need to ring the doorbell and wait for the attendant. We might ask patients to remain in the car and will text them to come in once we are ready.
• Please remember to fill out and sign the screening form before going to your appointment. You can download it here: PDG Screening Form
• We have hand sanitizer and would like you to wear a facial covering when you enter the office. If you do not have facial covering, we can provide one for you. Your temperature will be taken and recorded before being admitted.
• We enhanced our clinic systems by upgrading our PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and Disinfection protocols. Click here to find out more. Our staff had also gone through Infection Control training.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. You will also see Plexi-glass in reception and limited people in the clinic as we are practising physical distancing.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• For more information about all the safety protocols we have in place, please click here to see the PDG Safety plan.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 604-PDG-1000 (604-734-1000) or fill out the appointment request form here on our website. We request your patience and flexibility as we work out our schedule.
Thank you for you continued commitment to the PDG family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours and friends.
PDG Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics
April 6, 2020
PDG Dental is currently seeing patients for emergency care
Do You Have A Dental Emergency?
PDG is currently seeing patients for emergency care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have a dental emergency, please contact us at 604-PDG-1000 (604-734-1000).
Not sure if it’s an emergency? See below this quick guide, or follow this link for more information on how to categorize if the case is or not an emergency >> LEARN MORE HERE
March 18, 2020
PDG Dental update about Pacific Dental Conference
In response to questions about the Pacific Dental Conference (PDC) where a number of attendees tested positive to COVID-19, we wanted to reach out to keep you informed of the most up to date information that has been given to us by our governing bodies and the Provincial Health Team.
PDG Dental staff that attended the conference returned to work before any announcement that there was a possible case. We were informed by the Pacific Dental Convention on March 12, 2020 that the risk was very low and to monitor for symptoms but to take no other measures. As of Monday, March 16, 2020, BC Ministry of Health and Dr. Bonnie Henry disclosed that additional cases had been confirmed and that anyone who attended the event on March 5th, 6th and 7th should self isolate until Sunday, March 22.
PDG staff and Doctors that did attend the conference have not shown any symptoms and are following the advisory to be in isolation. We are also following the advice of The College of Dental Surgeons (CDSBC) and other provincial health officials to suspend our normal operations until further notice.
If you have any questions regarding your dental care or have urgent concerns, please give us a call at 604-734-1000 or send us an email at email@example.com. We are here for you and will make sure that your needs are taken care of.
Thank you for being our patient!
PDG Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics Management
March 17, 2020
PDG is suspending normal operations
This is an unprecedented time we are all facing as COVID-19 is challenging us in unfamiliar ways. Today, the urgent priority from National Health authorities is to flatten the curve, which is a strategy to take steps and prevent a massive spike in cases. The College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (CDSBC) has also requested that elective and non-essential dental services be suspended immediately.
Without question, our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our patients and team members and the health and wellbeing of the local communities. As a result, PDG has made the difficult decision to suspend our normal practice operations, effective Tuesday, March 17th, 2020, and until further notice. We know each decision we make has a broad impact far beyond our practice operations.
We plan to have a limited clinical team to help any of our current patients with emergencies. Any current patients requiring immediate treatment due to infection, acute pain and/or trauma, please call us at 604-PDG-PAGE (604-734-7243).
For any other concern or for new patients waiting to schedule a consultation, please call our office at 604-PDG-1000 (604-734-1000). You can also fill out the contact form on our website: https://www.pdgdental.com/contact-pdg/
We will do our best to return your call as soon as possible.
These are unprecedented, challenging times for everyone. We continue to navigate these uncharted waters with our patients, team members and our local communities. Rest assured that we will continue to make the best decisions we can for everyone’s health and wellbeing.
PDG Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics Management